Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
Do you have a passion for logistics? Are you a great communicator and able to build constructive relationships with customers and suppliers? Join our team if you’re looking for a challenging and rewarding career!
Hours per week: Full time
You will be part of a highly dedicated and professional team, which is responsible for delivering the highest quality of service to an internationally dedicated client base. Your team consists of experienced Planners and by teaming up with other operational and supportive departments within the organisation; a high service level can be achieved with the shared aim of achieving the very best for our customers.
As Transport Planner you will be responsible for a correct settlement of all transport orders of the customers of P&O Ferrymasters, linked to the administrative and operational activities of all employees involved.
You will also be responsible for maintaining a correct and timely flow of communication between the Customer Service department and hauliers / assets drivers, in order to achieve optimal performance and maximum return.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Combining loads to optimize the load factor, taking in account of loading / unloading areas, wishes / demands of clients, specific load characteristics and combined loading regulations;
- Calculating and recalculating of dimensions, capacity, floor space and size / weight ratio, in order to gain maximum efficiency within legal standards;
- Making sure that all changes, delays, extra costs and / or calamities are communicated to the Customer Service Department, who will inform the customers;
- Confirming, or taking care of confirmation of the above to the drivers / hauliers
- Deciding which loads can be handled by our own fleet and which loads should be chartered, so that an optimal balance will be created for our own fleet;
- Reducing so-called “empty kilometers” by combining loads and searching for repositioning loads, calculations: understand costs and revenues;
- Checking data after loading and comparing this data with booking details. Communicating anomalies directly to the Customer Service department.
But on that first morning before you get down to work… we’ll introduce you to your new colleagues over a cup of coffee. That will give you a friendly taste of what it’s like to be part of our team – because people are our main asset and teamwork defines our style.
Who are you?
As Transport Planner you take responsibility and ownership and possess excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Are educated to a minimum of MBO-level or equivalent (preferably in logistics);
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Have good command of Dutch, English and German language;
- Have good working knowledge of Microsoft office packages;
- Are customer orientated and have good topographical knowledge.
Do you not yet possess the above mentioned criteria, but are a junior candidate with aspirations to become a Transport Planner?
Please do still apply, so together we can investigate to see if you have what it takes!
An educational training programme on-the-job will be available for candidates with the right attitude.
P&O Ferrymasters initially offers a seven month contract and a competitive package in line with the seniority of the position.
Time to act!
Do you have what we’re looking for? And does this sound like the perfect opportunity for you? We hope so – in which case, now’s the time to let us know! Please apply with your CV and covering letter as soon as possible via the 'Apply' button. We look forward to hearing from you….
Vacancy, Rotterdam, Full-time, Logistics planner, Transport coordinator.