Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
The International School of The Hague (ISH)
The International School of The Hague (ISH) is a highly successful, popular, semi-public school for primary and secondary international education. The modern school campus is located in a state-of-the-art building in an area of natural beauty in the city of The Hague in The Netherlands. The primary school is an accredited IPC school. The secondary school is an IB World School accredited by the CIS.
The entire school currently has 1500 students and hosts over 85 nationalities with teachers from around the world. The school is divided into Primary and Secondary with a Principal for each section. The Principals, supported by the Business manager, comprise the Senior Leadership of the School.
The Primary school was established in 2003 and became the first school in the world to be accredited at “mastering” level by the International Primary Curriculum (IPC). In March 2013 it became the first school in the world to be re-accredited at “mastering” level with a strong focus on learning throughout the school community. We now have more than 550 pupils on roll.
Working at ISH
As an employer, we offer excellent professional development opportunities and a pleasant working environment. As a successful applicant, you will be welcomed by a amicable, sociable and thoroughly international team. Applicants must be eligible to work within the European Union and suitably qualified. In addition, we can provide free education for up to two dependents for teachers hired from abroad*. Initial employment is for one year, followed by a permanent contract subject to satisfactory appraisal and completion of paperwork.
The International School of The Hague is a highly successful, innovative and energetic semi-public school located in a state-of-the-art building in an area of natural beauty on the edge of the city of The Hague, near Kijkduin.
The entire school currently has 2,000 students and hosts over 100 nationalities with teachers from around the world. The school is divided into Primary and Secondary with a Principal for each section.
At ISH we inspire personal excellence by encouraging our students to be curious, connected and compassionate. We use student-led inquiry to develop
curiosity in authentic and challenging contexts. Students learn to apply their knowledge and skills to deepen conceptual, disciplinary and interdisciplinary understanding by making effective
connections with other people and their ideas.
Our students learn how to become compassionate and proactive global citizens through collaborative projects both in, and beyond, the classroom.
Teachers at ISH achieve these high standards by recognising that, like their students, they are lifelong learners who must continually reflect upon their own professional practice, as well as striving to be excellent role models for the ISH Community Profile.
Currently, we have a temporary vacancy at the Secondary School:
Teacher of MYP & DP German Language & Literature and Language Acquisition – 0.8 FTE, with the possibility of the MYP SC as an additional role
Start date: 1 August 2019
- Qualified Teacher with at least 5 years teaching experience
- Experience of teaching German Language Acquisition and German Literature
- An excellent team player both within the department and across the school, willing to work collaboratively and support ongoing development of the [Subject] department and whole school
- A proactive and enthusiastic approach to teaching and wider professional practice
- Flexibility and the desire to be a part of a dynamic school community
- a Masters degree for upper Secondary and a teaching qualification
- Applicants must hold a fully qualified teacher status in the country the qualification is obtained (eg UK: you have been awarded QTS and have successfully completed the statutory induction period)
- In order for your qualifications to be recognized by the Dutch Authorities, your qualification should clearly indicate the subject that you're applying to teach in
- EU citizen or have a valid permit to work in The Netherlands
- Experience of teaching IBMYP and IBDP
- Native level German speaker
- Willingness to be involved in extracurricular activities
- If you would like a copy of the Teacher or Teacher/Subject Coordinator Role and Responsibilities documents, please contact the Recruitment Officer, on email@example.com
- This is a temporary appointment for one year, with a view that part of the role can become a permanent contract if all the conditions are met. The position is based on the Dutch Collective Labor Agreement (CAO) for Secondary Education.
- Salary Scale LB: based on a 0.8 contract = €2129 - €3256 p.m. (gross) - the step in this scale depends on relevant experience.
- The appointed person will start on 01 August 2019.
- All applicants must either be EU citizens or have a valid permit to work in The Netherlands.
- You are invited to express your interest by following the link to our
school website, selecting the corresponding Teacher of German
vacancy, and submitting your application via
- Deadline for Applications: Monday, 3 June 2019. Short listed candidates will be interviewed
as soon as possible. Please note that early applications may be invited to interview early due to qualifications and experience prior to the deadline.
- If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Penny van Niekerk, ISH Secondary Recruitment Officer, before the deadline.
- If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks after the date mentioned in the job vacancy, then please assume that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
Please visit our school website for more specific information about our school: www.ishthehague.nl
The Rijnlands Lyceum Recruitment Code is applicable and can be obtained via the above email address or our
Note: Agency calls regarding to this advertisement are not appreciated.
Voor meer informatie bekijk onze bedrijfspagina (klik op ons logo bovenaan de vacature).
Solliciteer direct via onderstaande button.
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.
Verstuur via e-mail
Solliciteren kost slechts enkele minuten.