Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
The International School of The Hague (ISH)
The International School of The Hague (ISH) is a highly successful, popular, semi-public school for primary and secondary international education. The modern school campus is located in a state-of-the-art building in an area of natural beauty in the city of The Hague in The Netherlands. The primary school is an accredited IPC school. The secondary school is an IB World School accredited by the CIS.
The entire school currently has 1500 students and hosts over 85 nationalities with teachers from around the world. The school is divided into Primary and Secondary with a Principal for each section. The Principals, supported by the Business manager, comprise the Senior Leadership of the School.
The Primary school was established in 2003 and became the first school in the world to be accredited at “mastering” level by the International Primary Curriculum (IPC). In March 2013 it became the first school in the world to be re-accredited at “mastering” level with a strong focus on learning throughout the school community. We now have more than 550 pupils on roll.
Working at ISH
As an employer, we offer excellent professional development opportunities and a pleasant working environment. As a successful applicant, you will be welcomed by a amicable, sociable and thoroughly international team. Applicants must be eligible to work within the European Union and suitably qualified. In addition, we can provide free education for up to two dependents for teachers hired from abroad*. Initial employment is for one year, followed by a permanent contract subject to satisfactory appraisal and completion of paperwork.
The International School of The Hague is a highly successful, innovative and energetic semi-public school located in a state-of-the-art building in an area of natural beauty on the edge of the city of The Hague, near Kijkduin.
The entire school currently has 2,000 students and hosts over 100 nationalities with teachers from around the world. The school is divided into Primary and Secondary with a Principal for each section.
At ISH we inspire personal excellence by encouraging our students to be curious, connected and compassionate. We use student-led inquiry to develop curiosity in authentic and challenging contexts. Students learn to apply their knowledge and skills to deepen
conceptual, disciplinary and interdisciplinary understanding by making effective connections with other people and their ideas.
Our students learn how to become compassionate and proactive global citizens through collaborative projects both in, and beyond, the classroom.
Teachers at ISH achieve these high standards by recognising that, like their students, they are lifelong learners who must continually reflect upon their own professional practice, as well as striving to be excellent role models for the ISH Community Profile.
Currently, we have a vacancy at the Secondary School:
Modern Core Languages Subject Area Leader (Head of Department) - 1.0 FTE
Start date: 1 August 2019
The successful candidate will be able to lead and inspire colleagues to deliver high quality learning outcomes for their students in Modern Core Languages in the IB MYP and IB DP. We are looking for a successful leader who can develop student-led inquiry in
German, French and Spanish, and enable our students to learn to apply their knowledge and skills to deepen conceptual, disciplinary and interdisciplinary understanding.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Master's degree in either German, French or Spanish plus a teaching qualification for all years in Secondary Education (ages 11-18 years)
- Excellent leadership skills
- Coaching expertise
- Substantial experience teaching MYP and DP
- Substantial experience in creating new high quality units and assessment tasks
- If you would like a copy of the Teacher or Teacher/Subject Coordinator Role and Responsibilities documents, please contact the Recruitment Officer, on
- This is a temporary appointment for one year, with a view to a permanent contract if all the conditions are met. The position is based on the Dutch Collective Labor Agreement (CAO) for Secondary Education.
- Salary scale LD: €2689 - €5403 pcm (gross) - the step in this scale depends on relevant experience.
- The appointed person will start on 01 August 2019.
- All applicants must either be EU citizens or have a valid permit to work in The Netherlands.
- You are invited to express your interest by following the link to our
school website, selecting the corresponding Modern Core Languages Subject Area Leader (Head of Department)
vacancy, and submitting your application via TES.
- Deadline for Applications: 29 April 2019. Short listed candidates will be interviewed
as soon as possible. Please note that early applications may be invited to interview early due to qualifications and experience prior to the deadline.
- If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Penny van Niekerk, ISH Secondary Recruitment Officer, on
email@example.com before or on 29 April 2019.
- If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks after the date mentioned in the job vacancy, then please assume that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
Please visit our school website for more specific information about our school: www.ishthehague.nl
The Rijnlands Lyceum Recruitment Code is applicable and can be obtained via the above email address or our
Note: Agency calls regarding to this advertisement are not appreciated.
Voor meer informatie bekijk onze bedrijfspagina (klik op ons logo bovenaan de vacature).
Solliciteer direct via onderstaande button.
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.
Verstuur via e-mail
Solliciteren kost slechts enkele minuten.