Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
Why you want this job!
As a Lead Back-End Developer at ANWB for our “Onderweg” App, you are the driving force that will make things happen. You initiate, monitor and guide the full chain of development in the domain of traffic, roadside assistance, refueling and parking. From user story (business/user demand) towards the feedback loop of the final application.
Your work reaches hundreds of thousands users, as you make sure these applications run smooth and stay relevant by continuously adding value. This way Julia won’t notice the integration and transition of another third party when she uses the parking application. To her it is business as usual, parks her car, has her lunch meeting, drives off and gets charged for the actual time she was parked (without having to sign off her parking spot).
Waar ga je aan werken?
What you are going to do as a Lead Back-End Developer?
- You will solve business problems by aligning with product owners and translating the business demand towards the development team
- As a tactical team player, you will cover all the knowledge
- You will manage the projects by drafting API specifications together with the team, setting up new requirements for existing applications, checking the quality and developing yourself
- You will review code and delegate to enable others to deliver and set them up for success
- You are the teams technical voice when representing us towards third parties (suppliers and Government) and you will lead these meetings
Read more about this role below:
As a Lead Back-End Developer you will get a lot of questions we can’t back up with solutions right away. However, you are resourceful and like to take the bull by the horns and solve those challenging issues. You will translate the business demand towards our tech colleagues. From there you will guide and manage the project to a point where you find yourself in the feedback loop, in which you set new requirements for the application or introduce new tech. By delegating and enabling others, you’ll set them up for success
As a Lead Back-End Developer for our “Onderweg” App you’ll experience huge freedom to shape and mold your vision on the way we adopt and integrate the latest tech developments. We strive to be “the best app out there” with the highest quality and reliability we can offer to millions of users. Therefore “if the tech solves the problem, we’ll adopt it!
As the list of applications is growing, you will have to divide your time to multiple user stories simultaneously in different areas such as: on trip, road assistance (wegenwacht), parking, refueling, and electrical vehicle (EV) loading. You might find yourself in a situation where you formulate the story around the use of display panels in the “on trip application” during a meeting with a product owner in the morning. By lunch you’ll monitor the quality of a smooth transition of a third supplier in the parking application, and you’ll spend the rest of the afternoon setting up new requirements in the Realtime availability of EV chargers. The next day you will start with developing an application scheduled for this weeks sprint.
In the end a role in which you’ll be challenged to be our personal “wikipedia”, stimulate continuous development and improvement and make sure all applications run smooth.
Get an impression of our App:
Our tech stack
- iOS (Swift) and Android (Kotlin) mobile app
- Gitlab for CICD
- Kotlin & Java as backend
- AWS & Spring boot
- Apigee as API Gateway
Hebben we een match?
Do we have a match?
- You are an experienced Back-end developer with a solid understanding of Java/Kotlin/Spring boot
- You have experience with API design and development
- Preferably have some knowledge or expertise in AWS, docker & k8s, mobile frontend development
- You are a resident of the European Union and can work within the EU (or have a valid Visa)
Besides this you are a typical problem solver. You have strong sense for result, optimization and ownership over the product. You are both hands on/ pragmatic as tactical, so on some occasions you will review code and set new requirements, but also delegate and enable others to take the team to the next level. You are a team player and can communicate clearly to team members as well as (external) stakeholders. But mainly you are enthusiastic, proactive and you want to change the world!
Wat is ons aanbod aan jou?
You’ll be using the newest MacBook Pro to facilitate innovation and experimentation with turn-by-turn navigation for Millions of users. In an energetic and dynamic great workplace culture with Innovation Fridays and plenty of room for personal growth. Besides this:
- A monthly salary between € 3.836,- – € 6.393,- based on a full-time contract
- You have the option of working four days a week (32 hours minimum)
- A 5.58% year-end bonus
- Contribution to the costs for commuting by car
- Full reimbursement of costs for commuting by public transport
- ANWB membership and Roadside Assistance (Wegenwacht) subscription in the Netherlands for car or bicycle
- 25 days’ holiday and 13 days under shorter working hours scheme (ADV) based on a full-time contract
- The possibility to save up for extra leave
- Many educational, training and personal development possibilities via our ANWB Academy
- Various optional collective schemes with interesting discounts on and arrangements concerning all ANWB products and services
- Good pension scheme
Waar werk je in de organisatie?
Where in the organization?
At the ANWB App Center, we apply the latest technologies to develop innovative digital products for millions of users. Working at the ANWB App Center is a unique experience. We set demanding goals but also give you ample opportunity to achieve them. We will never stop challenging ourselves and our stakeholders to create the best possible solutions for our users.
There is plenty of room for individual input at the App Center. Your daily tasks are not a mold for you to fit into. Instead, there is enough to be discovered and learned when it comes to app development.
You will be working at the App Center, which is part of IT Kanalen. We have started the in-house development of our apps in 2017, which means the App Center is the youngest department of ANWB IT. Around 25 professionals work on leading apps for large user audiences. You will be working in a multidisciplinary Scrum team at our head office in The Hague.
Solliciteren kost slechts enkele minuten.