Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
VSO is een internationale ontwikkelingsorganisatie die door duurzame kennisuitwisseling werkt aan een rechtvaardiger wereld zonder armoede. Op aanvraag van lokale organisaties in Afrika en Azië zenden wij vakdeskundigen uit die hun kennis en ervaring daar delen. Lokale organisaties kunnen daardoor hun werk effectiever doen. VSO heeft per jaar 200 onderwijsvacatures dus bezoek de VSO website en kijk hoe een onderwijsfunctie in een ontwikkelingsland er voor jou uit kan zien.
Application closing date: Flexible
Start date: July 2021 (if the situation allows it)
Duration: 12-24 Months
The programme is run in partnership with the Mozambique government, local and international NGOs and VSO volunteers, and is funded by Global Affairs Canada.
The role is to support and advise target partners (local education providers and community leaders) in integrating and implementing inclusive education practices for people with disabilities and ensuring accessibility of quality education for all girls aged 15 - 19, who have been excluded from the Education System; with main focus on numeracy issues according to the needs of students.
- Promoting and advising Inclusive Teaching Practices in community centres
- Promoting Inclusive Education
Due to the nature of our volunteer placements, it is possible that the responsibilities of this role may differ in reality and therefore the post holder will need to be prepared to be flexible and adapt to their environment as necessary
The ideal applicant will have:
- A minimum of BA degree in inclusive education and related areas preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in in-service and/or pre-service teacher training at pre-primary and primary education level;
- Experience in training teachers at pre-primary and primary level and/or secondary level and proven knowledge and skills in Active learning, child-centered and inclusive methodologies, and special needs education,
- Proven experience and knowledge of developing, implementing, and coordinating inclusive education projects/programs;
- Advisory, communication, and networking skills and experiences;
- Experience in developing inclusive education/SNE training materials (including teaching aids) and deliver training;
- Proven and practical knowledge of peer-to-peer support to share experience and learning;
- Have adequate knowledge and experience as well as the enthusiasm to continuously monitor and evaluate project results and write up reports regular quarterly and annual reports;
- Good interpersonal skills combined with a flexible and adaptable attitude;
- Excellent communication skills with good command of both spoken and written English;
- Experience in using the technology to ensure effective management of information systems, planning, and decision making;
- For this role, you need to be fluent in English & Portuguese/French/Spanish/Italian
The experience of a placement is a one-of-a-life-time experience and will benefit you in multiple ways. You will have the chance to learn to work with people from different cultural backgrounds. There is often the opportunity to develop your teamwork-, leadership- and management skills. This can be helpful for career opportunities after your placement.
VSO will cover and support you in all preparations: training, visa, work permit, registration in-country, flights, vaccinations, anti-malarial treatment, PEP treatment, medical and security clearance. In-country VSO will provide induction and support in placement, arrange secure accommodation (often shared with another VSO professional), full medical insurance (including repatriation cover), medical indemnity insurance, work-related travel costs, and a living allowance which will enable you to live a basic but healthy lifestyle, but which is not sufficient to cover ongoing commitments at home.
Voor meer informatie bekijk onze bedrijfspagina (klik op ons logo bovenaan de vacature).
Solliciteer direct via onderstaande button.
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld
Solliciteren kost slechts enkele minuten.