Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
Do you have a passion for logistics? Are you enjoying the “trading game” and do you like to negotiate whilst maintaining a constructive relationship with customers and suppliers? Join our team if you’re looking for a challenging and rewarding career!
International Forwarder / Expediteur
Hours per week: Full time
So what’s this job all about? As International Forwarder / Expediteur you will be responsible for a correct settlement of all chartering related transport orders of the customers of P&O Ferrymasters, linked to the administrative and operational activities of all employees involved.
You will also be responsible for maintaining a correct and timely flow of communication between the Customer Service department and hauliers, in order to achieve optimal performance and maximum return.
In this job role your main focus will be efficiently forwarding loads from the Benelux to France, Italy and Germany and successfully expanding this P&O Ferrymasters service.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Taking care of a correct settlement of all chartering related transport orders wherein P&O Ferrymasters’ customers wishes / demands are leading
- Communicating with drivers / hauliers so that an optimal service and loading rate can be achieved
- Building constructive relationships with customers and suppliers in order to expand westbound forwarding opportunities within the department and organisation
- Administrative processing of data into the operational computer system, so that all departments / divisions will be kept informed correctly
But on that first morning before you get down to work…we’ll introduce you to your new colleagues over a coffee. That will give you a friendly taste of what it’s like to be part of our team – because people are our main asset and teamwork defines our style
Who are we?
At P&O Ferrymasters, you would be joining a pan-European leader in tailor-made transport, logistics and supply chain solutions. We’re part of P&O Ferries – owned by Dubai World – and work across road, rail and sea through our Contract Logistics, Freight Management and Assets divisions. We operate from more than 20 strategic locations in 12 countries, where 500+ colleagues are united by a passion for customer and service focus
Who are you?
As International Forwarder / Expediteur you have significant experience of operating within a logistical environment and possess excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Are educated to a minimum of MBO level or equivalent (preferably in logistics)
- Have good negotiating skills and have a feel for trading
- Have at least 3 years of experience in a forwarding and / or chartering role
- Are able to speak English fluently, knowledge of the Polish language is preferred
- Know how the Microsoft Office packages work and are IT-literate
- Have strong customer orientation and your topographical knowledge is excellent
Do you not yet possess the above mentioned criteria, but are a junior candidate with aspirations to become an International Forwarder?
Please do still apply, so together we can investigate to see if you have what it takes! An educational training programme on-the-job will be available for candidates with the right attitude.
P&O Ferrymasters offers a competitive package in line with the seniority of the position.
Time to act!
Do you have what we’re looking for? And does this sound like the perfect opportunity for you? We hope so – in which case, now’s the time to let us know! Please apply with your CV and covering letter as soon as possible via the 'Apply'
button. We look forward to hearing from you….
Job vacancy, Full-time, Rotterdam, Logistics, Transport coordinator.